Awesome! We’re excited that you’re interesting in being part of the Kensington Theatre experience. We have people of all ages and talent levels join us for our different shows throughout the year. We welcome you no matter if this is your first time or your 20th (you know who you are).
Be sure to subscribe to our Auditions newsletter to receive audition announcement emails.
Inspired by the twisted genius of Roald Dahl, the Tony Award-winning Roald Dahl’s Matilda The Musical is the captivating masterpiece that revels in the anarchy of childhood, the power of imagination, and the inspiring story of a girl who dreams of a better life.
Matilda is a little girl with astonishing wit, intelligence and psychokinetic powers. She’s unloved by her cruel parents but impresses her schoolteacher, the highly lovable Miss Honey. Matilda’s school life isn’t completely smooth sailing, however – the school’s mean headmistress, Miss Trunchbull, hates children and just loves thinking up new punishments for those who don’t abide by her rules. But Matilda has courage and cleverness in equal amounts, and could be the school pupils’ saving grace!
Packed with high-energy dance numbers, catchy songs and an unforgettable leading character, Matilda is a power romp. Children and adults alike will be thrilled and delighted by the story of the special little girl with an extraordinary imagination.
- Auditions: September 24 (6-10p).You can sign up for an audition time beginning September 8.
- Call Backs: September 26 (8a-1p)
- What to prepare: 16 bars from a musical. An Accompanist will be provided.
- Ages: 8+ (This is a family musical so we want all ages!)
- Characters Descriptions: These will be posted in August.
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals will begin September 28. Generally, rehearsals are M-TH from 6-10p and Saturday from 8a-5p. We will not rehearse October 16-24 or November 25-28.
- Performances: December 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, and 14, 2020.
While you are waiting to play, come see our plays and theatre! Get to know us through our work! We love positive, hard working actors… that’s how we became who we are today!