Awesome! We’re excited that you’re interesting in being part of the Kensington Theatre experience. We have people of all ages and talent levels join us for our different shows throughout the year. We welcome you no matter if this is your first time or your 20th (you know who you are).
Be sure to subscribe to our Auditions newsletter to receive audition announcement emails.
Based on the Newbery Honor winning novel Princess Academy by Shannon Hale, this heart-warming musical of self-discovery will be back the Kensington stage in December, 2021!
High on the side of rocky Mount Eskel, far from the valleys where gardens are green and lush, where lowlanders make laws, Miri’s family has lived forever, pounding a living from the stone of the mountain itself. For as long as she can remember, Miri has dreamed of working alongside the other villagers in the quarries of her beloved mountainside. But Miri has never been allowed to work there, perhaps, she thinks, because she is so small.
Then word comes from the valley that the king’s priests have divined Mount Eskel to be the home of the prince’s bride-to-be—the next princess. The prince himself will travel to the village to choose her, but first all eligible girls must attend a makeshift mountain academy to prepare themselves for royal lowlander life.
At the school, Miri soon finds herself confronted by bitter competition among the girls and her own conflicting desires to be chosen by the prince. Yet when danger comes to the academy and threatens all their lives, it is Miri, named for a tiny mountain flower, who must find a way to save her classmates—and the one chance to leave the mountain each of them is determined to secure as her own.
- Date: October 7, 2021 from 6-10p
- Call Backs: Call Backs will be by invitation only on October 9, 2021 from 8a-2p
- Ages: 12+. We are looking for families! No children under 12 will be cast unless mom and/or dad are cast 😉
- Prepare: Come prepared to sing 16 bars from a musical. An accompanist will be provided. You may begin signing up for a 5 minute time slot beginning September 27.Character Descriptions
- First Cast Meeting: October 11, 2021 from 7:30-8:30p. Cast with lines read-through 8:30-10p.
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals will begin October 12. Generally, rehearsals are 6-10p M-TH and 8a-5p on Saturdays. The amount of rehearsals you will be scheduled for will depend on the part you are cast in. We will not rehearse October 16-23 and November 20-27.
- Performances: December 9, 10, 11, 13, 17, and 18, 2021.
A Greek muse inspires love, laughter and the world’s first roller disco in this 1980s glitter explosion.
This Tony Award-nominated, hilarious, roller skating, musical adventure about following your dreams despite the limitations others set for you. Based on the Universal Pictures cult classic movie of the same title, which starred Olivia Newton-John and Gene Kelly, Xanadu is hilarity on wheels for adults, children and anyone who has ever wanted to feel inspired.
Xanadu follows the journey of a magical and beautiful Greek muse, Kira, who descends from the heavens of Mount Olympus to Venice Beach, California in 1980 on a quest to inspire a struggling artist, Sonny, to achieve the greatest artistic creation of all time – the first ROLLER DISCO! (Hey, it’s 1980!) But, when Kira falls into forbidden love with the mortal Sonny, her jealous sisters take advantage of the situation, and chaos abounds.
Xanadu is a moving, electrifying tale of endless fun that will keep audiences in stitches while the original legendary, chart-topping tunes lift them out of their seats. You’ll want to keep the music in your head and Xanadu in your heart… forever.
- Audition Date: December 15
- Call Backs: December 18
- Ages: 18+.
- Prepare: TBA.
- First Cast Meeting: TBA
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals will begin January 4. Generally, rehearsals are 6-10p M-TH and 8a-5p on Saturdays. The amount of rehearsals you will be scheduled for will depend on the part you are cast in.
- Performances: February 11, 12, 14, 18, 19, 21, 25, and 26, 2022 at 7p
While you are waiting to play, come see our plays and theatre! Get to know us through our work! We love positive, hard working actors… that’s how we became who we are today!