Awesome! We’re excited that you’re interesting in being part of the Kensington Theatre experience. We have people of all ages and talent levels join us for our different shows throughout the year. We welcome you no matter if this is your first time or your 20th (you know who you are).
Be sure to subscribe to our Auditions newsletter to receive audition announcement emails.
Les Misérables, School Edition
Early Light Academy in partnership with Kensington Theatre is pleased to bring back this Kensington favorite.
Les Misérables is the world’s longest running musical — a true modern classic based on Victor Hugo’s novel and featuring one of the most memorable scores of all time.
- Registration: Registration is now open. It is $100 (includes a cast T and an amazing experience!). Everyone registered is guaranteed to be cast in Les Miserables. Once you are registered you can either choose to not audition and just be in the chorus or to audition for a solo role on April 14 or 15. Space will be limited to 30 girls/30 boys (ages 15-18). You must be 18 or younger by January 1 to participate. There are NO REFUNDS on registration.
- Gavroche/Little Cosette: There will also be 10 spots for ages 10-14 (but they must be 5′ or shorter) to audition for Gavroche/Little Cosette/Gavroche’s Gang/Little Eponine. They must audition on April 14 or 15 (7-9p). If cast, they will then pay the registration fee ($100).
- Scholarships: If you need financial assistance to participate, a limited number of scholarships will be available. You will audition on April 14 or 15 without registering. You will not be guaranteed to be cast but, based on your audition, you may be offered a scholarship for Les Misérables.
- Auditions: April 14 and 15 (7-9p).
- Call Backs: April 16 (6-10p) and 18 (8a-1p)
- What to prepare: 16 bars from a musical in the style of Les Miserables. An accompanist will be provided. More details will be posted in March
- Ages: 15-18 (Must be going into to High School 2020-2021 and 18 or younger January 1, 2020 to register)
- Characters Descriptions: These will be posted in March.
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals will begin April 20. Generally, rehearsals are M-TH from 6-10p and Saturday from 8a-5p. We will not rehearse May 22-25 or June 3-5.
- Performances: June 19, 20, 22, 25, 26, 27, 29, and 30.
While you are waiting to play, come see our plays and theatre! Get to know us through our work! We love positive, hard working actors… that’s how we became who we are today!