Awesome! We’re excited that you’re interesting in being part of the Kensington Theatre experience. We have people of all ages and talent levels join us for our different shows throughout the year. We welcome you no matter if this is your first time or your 20th (you know who you are).
Be sure to subscribe to our Auditions newsletter to receive audition announcement emails.
At this time, we are planning on offering our Summer Teen Boot Camps! Registration is now open (there are just a couple of spots left!)! We had a wonderful time last summer (even with COVID!)!
- TBC, 2021: Urinetown For teens going into 10th, 11th, 12th in 2021-2022 or just graduated in 2021. We will put up a full production of Urinetown (one of the funniest Tony Award winning musicals ever!) with a live band in just 3 weeks!
- TBCjr/TBCjr Girls Only: For teens going into 7th 8th, or 9th grade in 2021-2022. One week of intense theatre fun!
Based on the Newbery Honor winning novel Princess Academy by Shannon Hale, this heart-warming musical of self-discovery will be back the Kensington stage in December, 2021!
High on the side of rocky Mount Eskel, far from the valleys where gardens are green and lush, where lowlanders make laws, Miri’s family has lived forever, pounding a living from the stone of the mountain itself. For as long as she can remember, Miri has dreamed of working alongside the other villagers in the quarries of her beloved mountainside. But Miri has never been allowed to work there, perhaps, she thinks, because she is so small.
Then word comes from the valley that the king’s priests have divined Mount Eskel to be the home of the prince’s bride-to-be—the next princess. The prince himself will travel to the village to choose her, but first all eligible girls must attend a makeshift mountain academy to prepare themselves for royal lowlander life.
At the school, Miri soon finds herself confronted by bitter competition among the girls and her own conflicting desires to be chosen by the prince. Yet when danger comes to the academy and threatens all their lives, it is Miri, named for a tiny mountain flower, who must find a way to save her classmates—and the one chance to leave the mountain each of them is determined to secure as her own.
- Date: September 23, 2021 from 6-10p
- Call Backs: Call Backs will be by invitation only on September 25, 2021 from 8a-2p
- Ages: 12+. We are looking for families! No children under 12 will be cast unless mom and/or dad are cast 😉
- Prepare: Come prepared to sing 16 bars from a musical. An accompanist will be provided. You may begin signing up for a 5 minute time slot beginning September 13.Character Descriptions
- First Cast Meeting: September 27, 2021 from 7:30-8:30p. Cast with lines read-through 8:30-10p.
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals will begin October 18. Generally, rehearsals are 6-10p M-TH and 8a-5p on Saturdays. The amount of rehearsals you will be scheduled for will depend on the part you are cast in.
- Performances: December 9, 10, 11, 13, 17, and 18, 2021.
While you are waiting to play, come see our plays and theatre! Get to know us through our work! We love positive, hard working actors… that’s how we became who we are today!