Awesome! We’re excited that you’re interesting in being part of the Kensington Theatre experience. We have people of all ages and talent levels join us for our different shows throughout the year. We welcome you no matter if this is your first time or your 20th (you know who you are).
Be sure to subscribe to our Auditions newsletter to receive audition announcement emails.
Les Misérables, School Edition
COVID-19 UPDATE: For now, Les Misérables is not cancelled. Because of the new decision to keep online school till May 1, we will move to Plan B: We will move the Auditions to April 28 (6-10p/possibly through Zoom) with Call Backs May 2 (8a-3p). Plan C is to have auditions May 12 (6-10p) with Call Backs May 14 (5-11p). If plan B and C don’t work out, Les Misérables will be cancelled. We will take a lesson from Les Miserables and the June Rebellion of 1832: We don’t want to start something we can’t successfully finish. So keep safe, stay healthy, and be responsible!
Early Light Academy in partnership with Kensington Theatre is pleased to bring back this Kensington favorite. Les Misérables is the world’s longest running musical — a true modern classic based on Victor Hugo’s novel and featuring one of the most memorable scores of all time. Just click “Buy Tickets” to register! There are only a few more spots!
If you are registered, please look in your email for “Les Miserables Details!” (It may have gone in your spam folder.)
Clarification on the Les Misérables Experience: By paying the registration fee before the auditions, you are guaranteed a role in Les Misérables: Everyone who registers is guaranteed to be in the production. Once registered, you may choose if you would like to be in the chorus (no audition) or if you want to try for a solo role (audition required). If you are not registered when you audition, this means you are applying/auditioning for financial assistance to participate in Les Misérables. This production is designed to be an amazing experience for teens! The past two productions of Les Misérables were unforgettable, that is why we want to offer it to our teens once again, one last time! If you have any more questions, feel free to email us (contact@KensingtonTheatre.org).
- Registration: Registration is now open. It is $100 (includes a cast T and an amazing experience!). Everyone registered is guaranteed to be cast in Les Miserables. Once you are registered you can either choose to not audition and just be in the chorus or to audition for a solo role on April 28. Space will be limited to 30 girls/30 boys (ages 15-18). You must be 18 or younger by January 1 to participate. There are NO REFUNDS on registration.
- Gavroche/Little Cosette: There will also be 10 spots for ages 10-14 (but they must be 5′ or shorter) to audition for Gavroche/Little Cosette/Gavroche’s Gang/Little Eponine. They must audition on April 28 (6-10p). If cast, they will then pay the registration fee ($100).
- Scholarships: If you need financial assistance to participate, a limited number of scholarships will be available. To apply for a scholarship, you will audition on April 28 and mark on your form that you are seeking financial assistance. You will not be guaranteed to be cast but, based on your audition, you may be offered a scholarship for Les Misérables. We highly recommend registering in advance to guarantee your part in Les Miserables, 2020.
- Auditions: April 28 (6-10p).You can sign up for an audition time beginning April 14. Send and email beginning April 14 to contact@KensingtonTheatre.org including: time preference (between 6-10p), name, gender, and age. Bring this Audition Form signed and with your picture affixed to the Auditions on April 28. We will decide by 14 if this will be a live audition or and audition through Zoom.
- Call Backs: May 2 (8a-3p)
- What to prepare: See the choices below and please pick one song.
- Ages: 15-18 (Must be going into 10th Grade 2020-2021 and 18 or younger January 1, 2020 to register)
- Characters Descriptions: Take time to really look at all the roles, become familiar with them (follow the link!).
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals will begin May 4. Generally, rehearsals are M-TH from 6-10p and Saturday from 8a-5p. We will not rehearse May 22-25 or June 3-5. If you have conflicts in June (except June 3-5), please do not register/audition. You will be dropped without a refund.
- Performances: June 19, 20, 22, 25, 26, 27, 29, and 30.
Les Misérables: Audition Cuts
Please pick ONE of the following to Audition with:
Marius Sheet Music/Marius Accompaniment/Guide Vocals (start at 2:53 and end at 3:23)
Jean Valjean Sheet Music/Jean Valjean Accompaniment/Guide Vocals (start at 4:33 and end at the end)
Javert Sheet Music/Javert Accompaniment/Guide Vocals (start at 1:56 and end at 2:36)
Thenardier Sheet Music/Thenardier Accompaniment/Guide Vocals (start at 0:30 and end at 0:51)
Gavroche: Little People (begin at 0:21 “Liar” and end “grows up”)
M.Thenardier Sheet Music/M.Thenardier Accompaniment/Guide Vocals (start at 3:00 and end at the end)
Cosette Sheet Music/Cosette Accompaniment/Guide Vocals (start 0:43 at and end at 1:33)
Eponine Sheet Music/Eponine Accompaniment/Guide Vocals (start at 4:32 and end at 5:18)
Little Cosette: Castle on a Cloud (Begin at 0:42 “There is lady” and end at “I love you very much”)
Inspired by the twisted genius of Roald Dahl, the Tony Award-winning Roald Dahl’s Matilda The Musical is the captivating masterpiece that revels in the anarchy of childhood, the power of imagination, and the inspiring story of a girl who dreams of a better life.
Matilda is a little girl with astonishing wit, intelligence and psychokinetic powers. She’s unloved by her cruel parents but impresses her schoolteacher, the highly lovable Miss Honey. Matilda’s school life isn’t completely smooth sailing, however – the school’s mean headmistress, Miss Trunchbull, hates children and just loves thinking up new punishments for those who don’t abide by her rules. But Matilda has courage and cleverness in equal amounts, and could be the school pupils’ saving grace!
Packed with high-energy dance numbers, catchy songs and an unforgettable leading character, Matilda is a power romp. Children and adults alike will be thrilled and delighted by the story of the special little girl with an extraordinary imagination.
- Auditions: September 24 (6-10p).You can sign up for an audition time beginning September 8.
- Call Backs: September 26 (8a-1p)
- What to prepare: 16 bars from a musical. An Accompanist will be provided.
- Ages: 8+ (This is a family musical so we want all ages!)
- Characters Descriptions: These will be posted in August.
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals will begin September 28. Generally, rehearsals are M-TH from 6-10p and Saturday from 8a-5p. We will not rehearse October 16-24 or November 25-28.
- Performances: December 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, and 14, 2020.
While you are waiting to play, come see our plays and theatre! Get to know us through our work! We love positive, hard working actors… that’s how we became who we are today!