Teen Boot Camp is designed to be a rigorous theatre learning experience. It will be very challenging, quick paced, and demanding. One might describe it as Theatre School on steroids! If your teen has been aching to be a better actor, this intense program is the solution!
From Our 2018 Teens
I learned to see myself in a positive light; both as a performer and a person.
There is an atmosphere in TBC I have not felt to this level anywhere else. You know after a day that you are accepted, your are loved, and you are respected.
TBC is not easy but every year it is worth it. We gain experience and learn a ton!
TBC has been a wonderful experience where not only am I able to do what I love, but also with people I love.
TBC helped me find an inner power I never knew about.
TBC has changed my life. Being a part of it has helped me find and love who I am. And helped me understand who I want to be. I love it.
TBC is what I look forward to most all year!
Applause from TBC Audiences
I am in shock… I had no idea what I was coming to see and I was blown away by all the talent… and in just three weeks!
This was the best thing I have seen since Les Miserables at Kensington Theatre!
I am speechless. That was one of the best things I have EVER seen! Thank you!
TBC 2020 Details
These dates are set in stone. Participants may have no conflicts with TBC… it’s that intense!! If you have conflicts, you will be dropped without a refund.
TBC 2019 is full.
- Registration for TBC 2020: Registration opens Jan. 1, 2020 at 12:01a. Registration is limited to 10 girls and 10 boys. July 27- August 7 (M-F, 8a-5p), August 10-13 (5-11p) August 14 (2:30p-10p), August 15 (1:30a-11p).
- Auditions for TBC 2019: March (Specific date TBD). You will present a 30 second monologue and 16 bars from a musical. The auditions are for us to design a show around you! Bring your audition form with your dream roles on it and your resume to the audition. We will also take your headshot that night! After the individual auditions, we will have a dance audition. You will be emailed more details about this audition. Remember the auditions are just to design a show around the talent in TBC 2020!
- Class/Rehearsals/Performances for TBC 2020:July 27- August 7 (M-F, 8a-5p), August 10-13 (5-11p)
- Performance Times: August 14 at 4pm and 7pm, August 15 at 3pm and 7pm. August 14 (2:30p-10p), August 15 (1:30a-11p)
- Cost: $300, no refunds for any reason.
- Includes: T-shirt, dog tags, cinch sack, head shots, three weeks of classes/rehearsals, 4 performances, and one amazing experience!
What to Expect for TBC
You register! (Don’t forget.. only 20 spots!) In March (Specific date TBD) you audition for the Directors. Don’t worry! You are in TBC, we just need to see you because (the best part) the audition helps us create a show all around your specific talents. Prepare a 30 second monologue, 16 bars from a musical, a resume and bring your signed audition form.
On your audition form you even write down three of your dream roles to help us figure out what parts to put everyone in. We also take a professional headshot for you to use in the future and in the program of TBC’s performances. In June (Specific date TBD), you are given an amazing script. You then get all of your scenes memorized by the first day of TBC! 3 weeks of super intense theatre… you won’t forget TBC!
TBC 2017: Pippin
This Tony Award winning musical is about a prince who is trying to find a place where he fills complete in this world. The music is by Stephen Schwartz (Wicked, Godspell, Children of Eden). Add to the story Bob Fosse stylized choreography, 22 amazing teens and a live band… and you have TBC:Pippin!
Pippin performed August 11 & 12, 2017.