Hear what the audiences are saying!
Winner of the Tony and the Drama Desk Awards for Best Book, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee has charmed audiences across the country with its effortless wit and humor. Featuring a fast-paced, wildly funny and touching book and a truly fresh and vibrant score, this bee is one unforgettable experience.
An eclectic group of six mid-pubescents vie for the spelling championship of a lifetime. While candidly disclosing hilarious and touching stories from their home lives, the tweens spell their way through a series of (potentially made-up) words, hoping never to hear the soul-crushing, pout-inducing, life un-affirming “ding” of the bell that signals a spelling mistake. Six spellers enter; one speller leaves! At least the losers get a juice box.
A riotous ride, complete with audience participation, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee is a delightful den of comedic genius. The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee is a fast-paced crowd pleaser and an instant favorite.
- Performances: June 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, and 15 at 7:30p
- Tickets: $12-$14
- Age Recommendation: 10+
- Approximate Running Time: 2 hours (including a 10 minute intermission)
Special Thanks to:
In order of appearance:
- Rona Lisa PerettiRebekah Price
- Rona's AssistantShannon Berry
- Chip TolentinoIsaac Carrillo
- Logianne SchwartzandgrubeniereChelsea Francis
- Leaf ConeybearAndrew Butler
- William BarfeeLogan Bingham
- Marcy ParksAbilene Kugler
- Olive OstrovskyLydia Butler
- Vice Principal Douglas PanchBryan Smart
- Mitch MahoneyDallin Remund
The Production Team
- Director/Choreographer/Technical DirectorToni Butler
- Stage ManagerSterling Turner
- Music DirectorLogan Bingham
- Band DirectorMichelle Willis
- BandJennifer Hansen (Piano), Angel Williams (Percussion), Theresa Sanford (Cello), Tanner Lindsay (Winds)
- ProducerChelsea Francis
- PublicityRebekah Price, Abiline Kugler, Isaac Carrillo
- Dance CaptainSayla Butler
- CostumesToni Butler, Shannon Berry, Kirsten Butler
- House ManagerDallin Remund